What is VMOS
VMOS is a virtual machine that enables you to run the Android OS inside your essential Android gadget. It is like VMware for PC. VMOS contains the whole Android framework, in light of Android Lollipop (5.1.1) inside itself. You simply need to run it as some other typical APK and let the application wrap up.
VMOS is like an Android Sandbox inside your Android Device, so all activities that you do in VMOS will not affect your device. In the previous article (VMOS Android Emulator App On Your Phone) we discussed also about how to install VMOS. This article only discusses how to install with the usual method that is from Playstore. Now we will discuss how to install VMOS without having to download ROM.
VMOS System Requirements
VMOS Minimum System Requirements
- More than 32 GB storage
- 3 GB RAM
- Android 5.1 or Higher
VMOS Recommended System Requirements
- More than 64 GB storage
- 4 GB RAM
- Android 5.1 or Higher
How To Install VMOS Without Downloading ROM files
Before we install VMOS on our device, we first discuss why we install VMOS with this method. A couple of days ago surprisingly VMOS (the only VM application that can run on Android) was removed from the Play Store. Do not know why this happened and the developers of VMOS also have not provided any official information about this. But the developer has provided a direct link on their official site at VMOS . With this method after VMOS installed on your device at the first launch, VMOS will extract ROM not downloading any files again from VMOS server. Here’s how to install VMOS without downloading ROM
- Get the VMOS XAPK file from apkpure
- After VMOS XAPK downloaded to your device install ZArchiver from Play Store
- Open ZArchiver and navigate to where VMOS XAPK downloaded.
- Create VMOS folder inside the download folder.
- Select VMOS XAPK file and select EXTRACT to VMOS folder
- After all files extracted install com.vmos.glb.apk ( grant ZArchiver to install unknown apps ).
- After VMOS installed just select DONE.
- Open the Android/obb folder inside VMOS directory.
- Copy com.vmos.glb to /storage/emulated/0/Android/
- DONE now you can run open VMOS.
Video tutorial version: How To Install VMOS Without Downloading ROM
VMOS won’t downloading any files with this method. VMOS will extract all the files that we copy to /storage/emulated/0/Android just wait about 5-10 minutes you will get VMOS run on your device. Noteworthy VMOS requires at least 3GB of RAM and 4GB of storage. So make sure before installing the 2 RAM components that are met.